FOTONA ACNE TREATMENT AND SCAR REDUCTION
We now have laser treatment options available aimed at treating severe acne and scarring, as well as preventing acne.
Common benefits of our laser treatment option include:
• Safe and effective
• Accurate and precise
• Treats small and large areas.
• No medication required.
• Short to non-recovery time
• Improves skin tone and texture.
The Fotona Acne Treatment involves a neodymium YAG (Nd:YAG) laser light that effectively and safely penetrates into skin deep enough to the development of acne inflammation through photo selective absorption and heating of overactive sebaceous glands—all without damaging the skin’s surface. Furthermore, its thermal penetration effects also accelerate the recovery process, eliminate scarred dermis, and trigger the production of new collagen on the skin.
The following are the two types of infrared laser wavelengths used for this treatment:
• Nd:YAG laser – This high power laser thermally and selectively eradicating significant sebaceous glands to treat active acne.
• Er:YAG laser – This laser gently removes micron-thin layers of the dermis in order for new skin to form instead.
This treatment is not the same as dermabrasion and chemical peels. Rather, laser skin resurfacing enables us to control the depth of penetration in order to vaporize substantially thin and acne-affected layers and reveal healthy and undamaged skin below.
Treating acne using lasers is fast, simple, and has led to a high success rate. Our doctors can conduct a thorough evaluation, listen to your concerns, and determine whether the Fotona Acne Treatment is right for you.